Here is the new pertinent information:
1. I am compiling a Rolodex. If you happen to have randomly happened upon this blog of mine and would like to be in my Rolodex (don't worry - like a neglectful child, I rarely call or write and never visit), please feel free to leave a comment with your Rolodex-card-type of information. After committing that information to the card, I will take a picture of said card and e-mail the photo to you, electronically;
2. The Arcade Fire show (09.30.05 at the Walker Theatre, Winnipeg) was mind-blowingly amazingly supercool. I like that you can tell those guys are basically university music dorks who just play so fucking hard. It really was one of the best shows I've ever seen (even if the "Queen Bitch" cover wasn't as good as Bowie, don't tell them, and it's not their fault because that song is almost perfect);
3. Last night's Black Mountain (shitty link, I know) was also radical, moreso them than the openers - I ain't got no time for country. I had no idea it was 2 am when they finally stopped - songs on the album are long, but they e-x-t-e-n-d them live, to fucking rawk effect. Beautifully heavy, druggy sound...;
4. DADADADA:Lazers will be opening for BC's YouSayParty!WeSayDie! at the Royal Albert Arms on Thursday, Oct. 6th. It's a last minute thing;
5. This Friday, we'll be playing at the New Forms Festival, check my cut'n'paste from the e-mail:
You are formally invited to the. . .
NEW FORMS FESTIVAL
TICKETS ONLY $10 buy them in advance!!!
With hosts Glenn Hall and John Bevan, featuring performances by poor tree, Young Lungs, My Old Lady, DJ Rob Vilar, DADADADA:lazers, Mime with Real Objects and film by Coral Aiken and Mike Maryniuk.
Put on your fanciest fall formal fashions, buy your ticket and come out to support this great festival celebrating movement in theatre and dance.