7.05.2005

MixTape Masters 9000

I have another idea I'm likely too lazy to implement. It's a collaborative mixtape.
See, how it would work would be someone would get a blank 90 minute audio tape and they would tape a song on to the beginning of Side A. Then they'd package the tape up, maybe with a story about that song, an explanation of why they chose it, a picture, whatever, and then they send it to someone else in the mail. That person listens to the song and then chooses another song to follow, tapes it, packs it up with whatever, and mails it on, and so on...
People might try to build on the momentum of the preceeding songs or to just chop that up. They might think really long and hard about which song to pick or they might not. Whatever, doesn't matter, I am and I'm not really concerned with that. The tape could be amazing or it could end up sucking, but it's being part of the process that would be the most fun. I mean, who doesn't like to get mail?

p.s. Wouldn't it be great if people made more music videos for anything, like guerrilla music videos for songs they really like, not to sell the albums but just to have fun? And then also they didn't get sued? I guess people probably DO do this all the time, but I wish there was a forum that I knew about where I could watch these things.

1 comment:

YO! said...

it's great to have you back, friend.